Just Be Still!

I  want lie to you the words "Just Be Still: send shivers up my spine... In my very fleshly mind to be still to me means to secretly surrender, even if I know I am right, to wave the white flag.
Psalms 46:10 say to be still and know that I am God and I will be exalted.  I am starting to understand that as women and mothers we grow leaps and bounds when we just wait.  When we just be still.  Now trust me this is a lesson that I have had to repeat many times, forcing my self to control my emotions when I am hurt, when I feel unheard, or when I have had to repeat the same command to a child for the 100th time.   The scripture tells me to be still and know that God is God ....What does that really mean?  Well it means to know that every battle , every hurt, every unheard thought is not only being heard but taken care of by our father. Psalms 46:10 is telling us to let all our worry go, to be quiet to give our minds and body rest. If you are like me even at night my mind is still so busy. What God is telling us to do goes against what we are trained to do naturally or culturally.  Our spirit is more inclined to step on the gas and go full speed ahead.  But God is clearly telling me telling us to hit the brakes and be still, our lives being as busy as we are,  sometimes makes it almost impossible to hear Gods voice.  I sometimes view being still and waiting as inactivity on Gods promises and my faith dips.  It is critical to our faith to realize that the more we are still the more we will hear Gods small voice, and  see God actively working on our behave.  Being still allows our problems to seem smaller , and Gods appearance in our life bigger. So i have two questions for you  my friends my sisters.

1) When was the last time you were just still?

2) When was the last time you relaxed in the presence of the Lord?

It is very easy for people to tell us to just let it go to just be still and wait . To take an hour for your self to take 30 mins but to be honest to take 5 at times is even a challenge.

So this weekend our challenge ( Your and Mine)  is to take five , ( no not the candy bar) but 5 whole mins and do 5 small things.


  1. Let the immediate drop 
  2. To release and relax 
  3. To be still and quiet 
  4. To focus only on how great our father is 
  5. To remember through it all he is still God

Prayer:  
Lord father who sit on high be with who ever these words are needed for today and help them be still and remember that you and you alone are God  and you love each of us immensely

Aman 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushing for the best!!

My struggling Reader!