Getting Organized!

Getting Organized!


If you are like me I can become overwhelmed fast as I try to get things ready for the new year. It helps if I can take a few moments to do something out side my set up class room such as reading, or prayer this helps me to rediscover my goals and feel more in control of my life and my school schedule. There are times that I feel as if I have homeschool under control but my house is being attached by baby giants and starts to take on a life of its own.  But I have friends who’s homes are always spotless never a plate out of place, but they can’t seem to get on top of lesson plans and school goals and schedules are not a part of their school.  What I have learned over the years is that Homeschool families are all the same: drowning in a sea of clutter! I have also started to understand that organization is <em>not</em> about an immaculate house or quintessential neatness. There is not any one best way to organize. <em>Organization is a means of </em><em>functioning effectively</em><em> </em>and efficiently, and you must find what works for you and your home.

<strong>I have asked my self 1000 times.  Why put the time in to</strong> <strong>get organized? </strong><strong> </strong><strong>Is it really important to be organized?</strong><strong>  </strong><strong>The answer is always the sane organization helps to </strong>beat stress and allows me more control over my day,  being organized helps me to accomplish what God Yahweh  has for planed for me and the children in that day.  I Corinthians 14:40 says, “Let all things be done decently and in order.”

For me I found that taking it one room at a time worked best for me!  As we consider how to physically organize our homes—including our stuff—to make the best use of our  homeschool space and our time because if we can find things and move through our houses easily, we will save time and effort.  Sounds good right?  It was easier said than done for me.

I found that some physical household management overlapped with some time management. For example, a chore system or household management system can help

With staying on time and on target! Chore list allow you to stay on top of the cleaning and maintenance.  This will also falls under time management because we have to fill out the chore list and if children are involved the extra time of making sure they do what is being asked of them. None of this is carved in stone. Take from this what you can. Ask your spouse and family about key areas to “target” for improvement, and pray about areas that may need more of your concentration.

As we go through this year I will be posting examples of our chore list. and other little tings I have found that help keep my day going as easy as possible.

So today I will share my time clock….I don’t know who came up with this but it has made a world of difference in our home.    I changed the time and colors and I made different times/ colors for my younger children and my older children, but it has worked wonders.  Allows them to have some control and me not having to talk a lot is what I am always looking for!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushing for the best!!

My struggling Reader!