When opposites attract and marry!

 


Do you believe in the old adage that tells us that opposites attract for the better? Not only is it wrong – but it may be less true than we ever thought.   


If you're like me you truly believed in the old wise tale that opposites attract,  Hell  if like me you put your whole life on it.  The older I get the more I realize that the older generation missed a few things.  Maybe back then marriages and friendships were established on a different foundation.  


I don’t think they had the Disney-ified versions of this playing on the big screen so for us it has been kind of hard not to buy into this concept of the more opposite of our true self the better.  

There are many important aspects of relationships, the most important being  personality traits, needs, and preferences that would be a much better fit when they are opposite or complementary, rather than similar.  


I truly believe that I was attracted to my husband  because he  has some qualities that I  feel I  kinda suck at.  There are many  qualities he has that I wish I could develop or build up in myself. 


I feel that over time our personality contrasts have just started  to stand out and become bigger.


What do you think  judging from your own relationships past and present do opposites truly attract?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushing for the best!!

My struggling Reader!