Dissatisfaction is Gods Clue !


As children we are taught to just be satisfied, that being dissatisfied is not allowed. So as adults we still have this concept that dissatisfaction is a bad thing, and that we should do everything possible to avoid it. Push it down. Ignore it. Act like it doesn’t bother us. Take a pill, plaster on a smile and have a glass of wine. But above all, don’t consider that God might be using this to make us uncomfortable so we’ll want to move in another direction, climb another tree.  Do something where our gifts can shine and we can become who he has attended.
Don’t get me wrong; dissatisfaction can be a result of spiritual warfare an indication that we are out of God’s will.  It can also be a road sign that he has another purpose for us and is trying to close one door to open another. So if you’re miserable in your current situation , (and you have been for a long time), you’ve prayed, sought counsel from others, looked for guidance through Scripture, and you’re still miserable, consider that God may have other plans for you and your family.
One of my best girlfriends Kit is wonderful and has a passion for helping and mentoring young women well to be honest all women. She also has a tremendous creative sense. I really believe that God may use her to start a mentoring organization or ministry for women to help women and might use her creative ability to heal. This is truly her gift and you can just see it in all parts of her life.  I am sure many women along with myself have told her so over the years.
Just as dissatisfaction can be a road sign from God to show you your purpose, listening to what others say about your gifts can do the same sometimes; so when someone notices or comments on one of your talents, take note. God may be trying to tell you something through His people.
There are times, when we shouldn’t listen to what others say especially if it contradicts your spirit. But when what they say about us agrees with our passions, internal convictions, gifting and what God has already revealed to us, it can be a solid indication of our God-given purpose and his plan for our life.
I’ve never liked math, it is my nemesis. Whenever I come within five feet of a math problem, I break out in hives ( not really but it is the way I feel). Numbers have never been my thing and my guess is that they never will be because God created me with different gifts. Even though I can do math, it is not my gift.  my gifts lie in other areas.  I can write, draw, cook and make beautiful children. These gifts are also road signs to where God is directing me.
Have you ever considered your talents and gifts? Do you get a kick out of learning new things? Are you a abstract thinker? A great listener? Can you motivate others into action with your words? Are you skilled at putting things together? I suggest making a list of the things and activities that interest you in which you excel. You can also ask yourself, “What’s the one thing that I do better than others?” This can also clue you in to your God-given purpose.
The gifts God gives us are like little seeds that he has planted inside us, but for them to grow we have to use them water them, and develop them . This means that you have to work at identifying which “Gift Seeds” God has given you. Through new experiences, God will reveal more to you about who you are and how He has called you to serve Him.
If someone could ask you what makes you angry, happy, or passionate, what would you say? Right off the bat most of us could answer these questions without much thought. But it is harder when we are asked to take note of when your emotions are moved; these times can be a sign of your God-given purpose.
I get fired up when I hear about children being abused. I get angry when people abuse and take advantage of others because of color, sex or creed. When someone tells me a story about loyal love, I am deeply moved. A story of someone’s heartbreak grieves me. Talking about Yahweh stirs me up.
Ask God to show you the things that move you and make a list. And remember, He wants you to discover His purpose and plan for you more than you do.
Remember that your purpose is not about you; it’s about what God wants to do through you. By ignoring your gifts your not only hurting your self but in many ways your betraying God.... And Therefore,altering his ultimate plan for you and someone else.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushing for the best!!

My struggling Reader!