Vegetarian Crock Pot Meals


 So I’ll be honest and tell you that my family eats meat with dinner every night, except for when we have  veggie lasagna or the garden vegetable soup or bean and cheese burritos or on  the nights I do rice, beans and a veggie.   To be honest I would love to eat healthier, my mission is to replace meals with a more healthy option.  So when I saw these I was happy to find many of our go to recipes in a vegetarian form. 
I’ve made hundreds of make-ahead crockpot recipes, and I can tell you that these vegetarian recipes will freeze perfectly.  And, the best part is that you don’t have to do any cooking ahead of time – simply combine the ingredients and freeze!

Eleven Vegetarian Make-Ahead Crockpot Recipes

  1. Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup from Food Network
  2. Black Bean Soup from Money Saving Mom
  3. Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Chili from Once a Month Meals
  4. African Coconut Chickpea Soup from Once a Month Meals
  5. Grandma’s Vegetarian Chili from Allrecipes
  6. Vegetable Stew from Real Simple
  7. Vegetarian Fajitas from The Pieper Life
  8. Chinese Hot Pot from PETA
  9. BBQ Tofu from
  10. Vegetable and Chickpea Curry from Cooking Light
  11. Enchilada Orzo from Damn Delicious
If the recipe doesn’t contain freezer directions, simply combine all of the ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, and freeze for up to three months.  (I wait to add water/broth until the day of cooking.)
When you’re ready to eat, thaw the bag in your refrigerator overnight or in a bowl of cold water.  Cook according to the recipes instructions and add 1-2 hours if the meal isn’t totally thawed.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushing for the best!!

Unspoken Expectations!